Saturday, July 25, 2015

Introduction: My daughter has MRKH...

My daughter was recently diagnosed with MRKH.  While the experience of having MRKH is hers alone, and I would never presume to know what it is like to be diagnosed with MRKH, nor would I ever want to take anything away from her by sharing my experience; the journey of being a mother to a daughter with MRKH is mine, and it is unique to 1 in approximately 5,000 mother...it is an important journey, and it needs a voice.  

I am hoping that this blog will document the experiences of one MRKH mother in such a way that it informs, inspires, and comforts the other mothers out there who also have daughters diagnosed with MRKH.

Because MRKH is such a personal diagnosis and journey, I am not using my real name because I do not want to violate my daughter's privacy...some of you reading will know who we are, because I opted to share my identity with you; however, most of you will just have to do your best understand why I have opted to use a pseudo-name

No comments:

Post a Comment